The latest Jailbreakable iOS version is the 8.1.2 iOS, so let us provide you a complete tutorial for it. Before moving to the actual guide, please check if your iDevice is supported.
Which iDevices are supported:
- iPhone 6 and 6+
- iPhone 5, 5c and 5s
- iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 1 and 2
- iPad mini 1, 2 and 3
- iPad 2, 3 and 4
- iPod Touch 5
This tutorial can be applied to all iOS 8.x.x versions, except from the 8.1.3 iOS.
Jailbreak 8.1.2 iOS version with TaiG – Prepare your iDevice
Before starting applying this tutorial to your iDevice, there are 4 things you should do:
- Make a full back-up of your iDevice, using either iTunes or iCloud
- Restore to iOS 8.1.2 version through iTunes (not OverTheAir – OTA). You can find the 8.1.2 iOS version through Apple.
- You should turn off the Lock Screen Passcode and Touch ID features (Settings -> General -> Touch ID & Passcode -> Turn Passcode OFF)
- Turn the Find My iPhone feature OFF (Settings -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone)
After completing the above steps you can start to Jailbreak 8.1.2 iOS version with TaiG.
Tutorial to Jailbreak 8.1.2 iOS version with TaiG
- Download the latest TaiG tool from their official website (Download TaiG tool).
- Connect your iDevice to your computer through USB port
- Run the TaiG tool and check the “Cydia |1.1.16” and uncheck the “3K Assitant” option
- Let the jailbreaking procedure to finish (Do not touch anything to your iDevice and to your computer)
- After a few minutes some reboots will take place, and Cydia will appear to your Home Screen.
- Congratulations, your iDevice is now jailbroken!
TaiG team managed to make the jailbreaking procedure extremely easy, and much more faster than the previous jailbreaking tools.
After that, you will be able to download and install any application you want from Cydia.
You need to know that if you want to unlock your iPhone, the Ultrasn0w application will not help you. The 8.1.2 iOS version is not supported by Ultrasn0w and the same goes for the iDevices that support the 8.1.2 iOS version!
If you want to use evasi0n, then you should know that there is a good chance to encounter some issues. Do not worry, because you can solve the Evasi0n issues very easily!