iOS 7.1.1 version released from Apple
Few hours ago, Apple released their latest operating system, the iOS 7.1.1 version. If you are already using the iOS 7.1 version, then it is safe to upgrade your iDevice, since there is not a method yet to jailbreak it (neither iOS 7.1 nor iOS 7.1.1 version).
It contains three major security updates and improvements to various features that iOS 7 brought! The upgrading procedure is very simple and there are two ways to do it, but I personally prefer the iTunes method.
How to update your iDevice to iOS 7.1.1 version?
The two methods are through iTunes or Over The Air (OTA). Many people are reporting that the OTA method cannot guarantee you a smooth iOS update. From my personal experience, OTA gave me some issues after the restoring procedure, and I had to restore my iDevice from scratch (Hopefully I had already backed-up my iDevice!).
Update to iOS 7.1.1 version via iTunes:
- Download the latest iTunes version from Apple’s official website (Either Windows or Mac version)
- Back up your iDevice (via iTunes or iCloud)
- Open iTunes and plug your iDevice
- Wait a few seconds to recognize your iDevice and click on the “Summary” Tab
- Then, click on the “Check for Update” (Under the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch section, depending on the iDevice you will plug in)
- iTunes should inform you that the iOS 7.1.1 version is available for download, and should click on the “Download and Update“.
- Let it to complete the download and reboot your iDevice.
Update to iOS 7.1.1 version via OTA:
The OTA method is much quicker, but it gave me a lot of problems. Nevertheless, this is how to update to iOS 7.1.1 version OTA.
- Make sure to have a WiFi connection, more than 50% of your batter (or your iDevice plugged in for recharge) and at least 1,5Gb free storage space.
- Tap on the “Settings“, on “General” and then on “Software Update“.
- Let your iDevice to make a search, and then it will inform you that “iOS 7.1.1 version” is available for download.
- Tap on the “Download and Install” option and let it to download it.
- After downloading, your iDevice might ask you if you want to install it (it might automatically install it), so tap on “Install“.
- Let your iDevice to reboot, and you will see that the iOS 7.1.1 version will run to your iDevice.
Requirements for iOS 7.1.1 version
Not all iDevices support the iOS 7.1.1 version, so here’s the list:
- iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5s
- iPad 2 or later
- iPad mini or later
- iPod Touch 5G
iOS 7.1.1 version supports many languages.