Before you buy a used iPhone or Android phone or try to SIM unlock your Bell phone device, a Bell Canada Full IMEI Check Service will uncover everything about any phone under Bell Telecoms. Read this article and find out what can spoil your Bell SIM Unlock procedure and what to look after when you searching for a Bell refurbished mobile.
About Bell Mobility
Bell Mobility Inc. is a Canadian Mobile Network provider and wireless department of Bell Canada. From 2010 to 2017, Bell Mobility and its affiliates:
- Virgin Mobile Canada & Loblaws prepaid PC Telecom as MVNOs
- Northwestel (NMI Mobility and Latitude Wireless)
- Télébec (Télébec Mobilité)
- NorthernTel (NorthernTel Mobility)
What is a Bell Canada Full IMEI Check Tool?
The IMEI Check Service is an awesome mobile checker application that can be applied to all cell phones on any Carrier. The only thing required is the IMEI number of the phone device.
The IMEI number (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a unique 15 digit code for every cell phone. You can find it easily by:
- dialing *#06# with the phone
- going to Settings/General/About on iPhone and iPad
- going to Settings/About phone/Status on Android Smartphones
- sometimes the IMEI number can be found on the box your smartphone came in, on the back of the phone or under the battery pack
Bell Canada Full IMEI Check Information
An IMEI Check Report uncovers instantly:
- The SIM Lock Status and Locking Cellular Network Identification
- The Blacklist Status of a mobile device.
Keep in mind that blacklisted phones are not eligible for SIM unlocking and won’t operate with any network in Canada unless the device becomes CLEAN.
- iCloud Activation Lock Status for iPhones
You won’t be able to activate an iPhone with Find My iPhone ON (aka FMI) without the Apple ID and Password of the person who iCloud Locked the iPhone
- Google Lock Status for Android phones
- Contract Status and Financial Balance Status
Mobiles with pending contract bills become blacklisted. When a cell phone remains under contract with the previous owner you are always in danger.
- Warranty Status
Stolen, lost and replaced iPhones and Android phones become blacklisted. If a mobile remains under warranty with a previous owner, then entering Canada’s blacklist is possible.
- Replaced IMEI/Serial Number Status
Unauthorized mobile and hardware replacements alter the original IMEI number (or even the Serial number) and the cell phone becomes blacklisted
Brand, model, color, RAM, capacity and more
How to use a Bell Canada Full IMEI Report
The are two ways to use an IMEI Checker and both of them are extremely important
Before Unlocking a Bell Mobility cell phone
- The mobile must be locked by Bell Canada
- The cell phone can’t be blacklisted (stolen, lost, replaced, previously unpaid bills)
- Of course, there is no point in network unlocking an iCloud Locked iPhone or Google Locked Android device because you won’t be able to use it unless you remove them
If the IMEI Check report showed that the mobile is compatible with Bell’s SIM Unlocking Requirements then you can contact Bell Mobility and carrier unlock your cell phone for free by an unlock code.
If there are issues that don’t let you use Bell’s SIM Deactivation Services then a good IMEI Check provider will also suggest you how to proceed with legal and trusted Network Unlocking options (through the Carrier or a third party SIM Unlocking company)
Here in Ultrasnow.EU, we test all IMEI Check Companies every month in order to propose the best IMEI Check Providers out there.
Before buying a used mobile
There is no difference if you use an online market, a local store or a personal transaction to buy a refurbished cell phone. You can’t be sure about all the Carrier Locking issues you saw above without a Bell Canada Full IMEI Check service.
Now you can buy an iPhone or Android phone and know if you can use it from day one. On top of that, maybe a problematic cell phone is still a good purchase when you know what unlocking services you will need and how much it will cost you in the end.
I hope you found this article useful. Leave a comment below with your questions and thoughts. Until next time, take care!