Install iOS 7.1.1 version – What does it fix?
Apple released just a few hours ago their latest iOS version and all iDevices that support the iOS 7 version, can install iOS 7.1.1 version without any restrictions. This update contains some improvements, some bug fixes and a few security updates.
- Significant improvement to Touch ID fingerprint recognition (For better security)
- Fix for the Impact keyboard responsiveness bug
- Fix for using Bluetooth keyboard with VoiceOver
These are the most important updates you will get if you Install iOS 7.1.1 version.
In which iDevices you can Install iOS 7.1.1 version?
There are two methods that you can update your iDevice to iOS 7.1.1 version, but first you must be sure that your iDevice supports it.
- iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s
- iPad 2 or later
- iPad mini or later
- iPod Touch 5G
How to Install iOS 7.1.1 version?
The two method you can Install iOS 7.1.1 version are via iTunes and Over The Air (OTA). Each method has its advantages and disadvantages, but the final outcome is the same.
Install iOS 7.1.1 version via iTunes:
- Download and install the latest iTunes version to your computer (Both Windows and Mac machines are supported)
- Launch iTunes and plug in your iDevice
- Perform a Backup either through iCloud or iTunes
- Go to the “Summary” tab and then under the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch section (depending on the iDevice you want plugged in) click on the “Check for Update” button.
- iTunes will inform you that there is an available iOS version for update, and you should click on the “Download and Update” button.
- Leave it for a while (depending on your internet connection) to download and Install iOS 7.1.1 version and then your iDevice will reboot.
Install iOS 7.1.1 version OTA:
- You need to make sure that you have a steady WiFi connection, 50% or more battery to your iDevice (or keep it plugged in to get charged) and at least 1,5 Gb free storage space.
- Go to “Settings“, then on “General” and tap on “Software Update“.
- Your iDevice will inform you that iOS 7.1.1 version is available for an update.
- Tap on “Download and Install” to Install iOS 7.1.1 version and let your iDevice alone!
- In some cases, after the completion of the download, your iDevice will ask you for an install confirmation, go ahead!
- Your iDevice will reboot, and iOS 7.1.1 version will be installed!
I personally use the iTunes method, because it never gave me any trouble. On the other hand, the OTA method gave me some issues, and I had to re-do the whole process from scratch. Generally, both methods are trustworthy, so you can choose freely whichever you want!
If you encounter some freeze issues with 7.1.1 iOS version do not worry, because they can be fixed!