A KDDI Japan IMEI Check is mandatory:
- Before you buy a refurbished cell phone which is locked to au by KDDI
- Before you request SIM Unlocking from KDDI
But let me explain why.
About KDDI Japan
On October 1, 2000, KDDI Corporation telecommunications operator was formed in Japan through the merger of DDI Corp KDD Corp., and IDO Corp.
When it comes to mobile cellular services the brand is actually called au by KDDI. (source: Wikipedia)
au by KDDI Japan IMEI Check Services Guide
Most people learn about IMEI lookup when it is too late.
- You already bought a used iPhone or Android phone but your SIM Card is not supported
- You tried to SIM unlock a KDDI mobile but the Cellular Network refused
- You tried a third-party KDDI Network Unlock Service but it failed
All these situations could have been avoided with a Full KDDI IMEI Checker.
An IMEI Check service is applicable to all Wireless networks inside any Country. I just call it KDDI because I assume that you are reading this article because you have issues with a KDDI/au handset.
But even if you didn’t know that the IMEI info will reveal it.
The info of an au/KDDI Japan IMEI Check tool
- SIM Lock Status
- Locking Carrier Identification
- Blacklist Status
- iCloud Activation Lock Status for iPhones
- Google Smart Lock Status for Android phones
- Contract Status
- Financial Balance Status
- Warranty Status
- Replaced IMEI Status
- Replaced Serial Status
- Mobile Specs
KDDI Japan IMEI Check Requirements
The IMEI number of the mobile you want to verify is enough for an IMEI Checker to provide you with all the info above.
You can easily find the IMEI number by dialing *#06# or going to the phone settings. It is also possible that the IMEI is displayed:
- on the original box of purchase,
- on the SIM Tray,
- on the battery,
- under the battery
- or on the backside of the phone.
Don’t forget to ask the used handset seller to show you the IMEI with more than 2 of the ways above.
Can I IMEI Check a cell phone for free?
Free IMEI Check services is not an option.
This is why all free IMEI Checkers you may come across never deliver an accurate IMEI Check report because the results are faked or relied on private & controversial databases.
Benefits of KDDI Japan IMEI Checking
- You can access the full bio of a second-hand smartphone BEFORE you buy it and avoid all problems
- KDDI has a complicated SIM Deactivation policy. Even if you are the original owner it can be extremely difficult to carrier unlock your cell phone without an IMEI Check Certification
- If you purchased a refurbished mobile but you get the SIM Not Supported message then it will be impossible to initiate any SIM Unlock Procedure (au by KDDI or 3rd-party) without this info. In fact, you won’t be even able to tell which Telecoms Network is blocking your phone
- A solid IMEI Check provider will suggest you the right SIM Unlock Services